EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS – adidas FIFA World Cup Warm Up Human Table Football Tournament
2. The Event is open to all current Newcastle University students aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies and anyone to whom they are professionally connected. Proof of age and valid Newcastle University student registration may be required.
3. To enter the Event entrants must register a team of 5 players by either (i) completing an official entry form with an adidas Brand Ambassador; or (ii) following the entry instructions on www.facebook.com/fifaworldcupwarmup, between Monday 5 May 2014 and 15:00pm on Wednesday 14 May 2014. All entrants must be available for the duration of the Event provisionally scheduled to take place on or around 11:00am on Thursday 15 May 2014.
4. Entrants may only register and play for one team during the Event.
5. The Promoter will select 12 validly registered teams at random to participate in the Event. The Promoter will notify the selected teams using the contact information provided at registration. In the event that an entrant cannot be contacted or fails to provide confirmation of attendance within 1 hour of notification the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement team at its absolute discretion.
6. At the Promoter's request, all team members must sign an Event disclaimer and image release. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any team where a team member has not signed an Event disclaimer and image release.
7. All selected teams must arrive outside the front entrance of the Newcastle University Students' Union by 11:00am on Thursday 15 May 2014. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or replace any team that does not comply with the Promoter's instructions before and during the Event.
8. Teams must stay at the Event venue for the duration of the Event.
9. Teams shall only be permitted to wear adidas or unbranded sportswear apparel, accessories and footwear. Team members shall not be permitted to wear any competitor branded clothing. The Promoter shall decide in its absolute discretion the permitted clothing, accessories and footwear. In the event that any team member is in breach of this condition 9, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and/or replace the member's team.
10. The team that win the Event will win a trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (the "Prize") on or around 7 September 2014 to 16 September 2014. Prize dates are subject to change and will be determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
11. The Prize will consist of: (i) return flights from London Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro; and (ii) 8 nights' accommodation at the discovery hostel, Rio de Janiero.
12. The Prize may only be used by the 5 individual winning entrants that took part in the Event.
13. The Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry into the Event.
15. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the entrants in respect of the Event (including, without limitation, travel, accommodation, expenses, food and drink) and/or incurred by the winners in respect of the Prize over and above the Prize set out above (including, without limitation, travel insurance, expenses, food and drink, and travel to and from airports).
16. Any entries not meeting the above criteria shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received for any reason.
17. It is the responsibility of those traveling to ensure that they have the correct documentation for travel including, but not limited to, valid passports, visas and adequate travel insurance.
18. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability. The Promoter will confirm flight and accommodation details to the winners. The Promoters shall not be liable in the event that a flight is delayed or cancelled.
19. The Promoter will liaise with the winners and pay for delivery of the tickets to the winners although the Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service provider or courier.
20. In the event that, due to the acts or omissions of a winner, the Promoter is unable to deliver the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize and no substitute or alternative will be available.
21. All tickets remain the property of the Promoter and are issued subject to any applicable terms and conditions and/or regulations. The winners agree to keep all tickets safe and in good condition as no replacement tickets will be issued if any ticket is lost or stolen
22. The winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use their Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including, without limitation, placing the promotional items and/or gifts (in whole or in part) on an internet auction site) .
23. By entering, you agree you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that the Event (or any part of the Event) does not take place or is postponed, rearranged or curtailed.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the Event (including the Event rules) at any time.
27. Entrants participate in the Event and use the Prize at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the Event and/or use of the Prize.
28. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
29. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
adidas UK Customer Care --United Kingdomcustomercareuk@adidas.com00800 37 87 47 37