Metro Olympic Giveaway Ts&Cs - 6th August
1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the competition you (and your parent or legal guardians if applicable) agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude entrants and/or the winners if he/she does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
2. In addition to these terms and conditions, prize winners shall be bound by the LOCOG Terms and Conditions of Ticket Purchase which can be accessed via http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents excluding employees of the Promoter, its associated companies, families, agencies or any other persons to whom they are professionally connected. Any entrant aged 16 years and under must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to enter. Proof of age and proof of consent may be required.
4. To enter the competition anytime between 07:00 and 13:00 on Monday 6 August 2012, entrants must: (i) 'follow' or be 'following' @adidasUK on Twitter; (ii) use their respective Twitter accounts to 'tweet' us their secret Olympic swoon; and (iii) include @adidasUK and #takethestage in the qualifying tweet. Internet or Wi-Fi access is required.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. One entry per Twitter account. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
7. Any entries not meeting the above criteria and the specific terms of entry shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received for any reason.
8. There will be two (2) prize winners who each will win two (2) London 2012 Olympic Games event tickets ("Event Tickets"), for the winner and one (1) guest, to attend the Women's Beach Volleyball Final on Wednesday 8 August 2012. Exact event details to be confirmed by the Promoters at a later date.
9. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winners and/or their guest over and above the prizes (including, without limitation, travel, accommodation, food and drink).
10. The winners, if aged 16 years or under, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must use their guest ticket.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes described above cannot be provided to the winners.
12. The Promoter will select, at its absolute discretion, the two (2) prize winners from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around 15:00 on Wednesday 8 August 2012 and the Promoter will notify the winners via their Twitter account. The winners will be asked to provide a telephone number and email address which will be used by the Promoter to contact the winners. On such contact, the winners will be required to provide their name, postal address, date of birth and other information if required.
13. The Promoter's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. If the winners cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within one (1) hour from being notified or cannot make use of their prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
15. Details of the winners' name and location will be available between Tuesday 7 August 2012 and Wednesday 15 August 2012 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to adidas (UK) Limited, Customer Care, PO Box 1512, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3YB.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry into the competition.
17. The Promoter will liaise with the winners regarding delivery or collection of the prizes.
18. The Promoter will pay for delivery of the Event Tickets (if applicable) to the winners although the Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service provider or courier.
19. In the event that, due to the acts or omissions of a winner, the Promoter is unable to deliver the prize to that winner, that winner will forfeit the prize and no substitute or alternative will be available and a substitute winner may be selected.
20. All Event Tickets remain the property of the Promoter and are issued subject to any applicable London 2012 Olympic Games event venue regulations. The winners agree and shall procure that their guest agrees to keep the Event Tickets safe and in good condition as no replacement tickets will be issued if any ticket is lost or stolen.
21. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that an event does not take place.
23. The winners agree and shall procure that their guest agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use their prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing their prize on an internet auction site).
24. The winners and their guests must act responsibly at all times during the event. The Promoter and/or event venue representatives shall be entitled to prevent any person from attending or remove any person from the event if either deems the behaviour of that person unsuitable.
25. By entering you agree and you shall procure that your guest shall agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you and your guest will allow the Promoter to use your names, photographs, videos, voice recordings and general locations for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
26. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which it obtains from its dealings with you, to administer the competition. The Promoter may also use it to tell you about their products and offers, and for market research including analysis and development of their products and customer relationships. If you do not wish the Promoter to use your information for such purpose, then please indicate this by ceasing to be a follower of @adidasUK on Twitter or email email@example.com. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
28. The Promoter has the right to refuse any entry from any individual if their Twitter account contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable.
29. The winners use the prizes at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of any prize. By entering the competition you acknowledge and agree that any intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording) in relation to your involvement with the competition and/or prize shall vest absolutely with the Promoter and you hereby agree to immediately assign to the Promoter any such rights which become vested in you.
30. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5SA.
adidas UK & IrelandPress OfficeUnited Kingdomukpr@adidas.com0207 670 2700