Terms and Conditions - Newcastle University Virgin Money London Marathon
2. The competition is open to current Newcastle University students aged 18 and over only, excluding Newcastle University staff, employees of the Promoter, its associated companies, families, agencies or any other persons to whom they are professionally connected.
3. To enter the competition, entrants must anytime between Friday 15 November 2013 and Sunday 3 November 2013: (i) complete and provide all requested information on the competition entry form available from www.adidas.co.uk; and (ii) submit the entry form as directed.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted.
6. Any entries not meeting the above criteria and the specific terms and conditions for entry for the competition shall be invalid.
7. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received, lost or damaged for any reason.
8. Any entries made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
9. There will be one prize winner who will win one free entry place for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2014 taking place on or around Sunday 13 April 2014 ("VLM"). For the avoidance of doubt, only the named winner will be entitled to the prize and no winner substitutions will be permitted.
10. The winner will be selected at random by the Promoter from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around Thursday 5 December between 5pm and 8pm during the Newcastle Student Lock In Event and the Promoter will notify the winner on or around this time using the contact information provided at time of entry. On such contact, the winner will be required to provide their name, postal address, date of birth and other information as required. If a winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize or cannot make use of their prize for any reason by Sunday 8 December 2013, such winner will forfeit the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
11. The Promoter's decisions will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry into the competition.
13. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winner over and above the prize offered above (including, without limitation, travel, accommodation, food, drink, travel insurance and personal injury insurance).
14. Details of the winner's name and location will be available between Monday 16 December 2013 and Monday 13 January 2014 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to adidas Customer Care, EWA Limited, St. Mary's Green, Tattersall Way, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 3TU.
15. The Promoter will liaise with the winner regarding delivery of the prize.
16. Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond their control mean that a prize cannot be provided to the winner. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that the VLM does not take place, is rescheduled, or postponed for any reason.
18. Entrants to the competition can retract their submitted entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing any prize (in whole or in part) on an internet auction site).
20. By entering, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photographs, videos, voice recordings and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
22. By entering into the competition, you acknowledge that any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording) which arise in relation to your involvement with the competition and/or the prize shall vest absolutely with the Promoter and you hereby agree to immediately assign to the Promoter any such rights which become vested in you.
23. The competition winner participates in the competition at his/her own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the competition and/or the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prize.
24. Entry into the VLM is subject to event regulations or requirements including any stipulation as to the medical condition of participants.
25. By entering the competition the winner agrees to act responsibly at all times during the VLM. The Promoter and the organisers shall be entitled to prevent any person from attending or remove any person from the VLM if they deem the behaviour of that person unsuitable.
27. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5SA;
more from latest news
adidas UK Customer Care --United Kingdomcustomercareuk@adidas.com00800 37 87 47 37