Backed by Messi
adidas, the leading brand in world soccer, also celebrated Messi in 2015 by making him the first player to receive his very own cleat, the Messi15. The best player of all time had the ultimate weapons, designed for his own unique style and talent.
Messi has inspired an entire generation of talented young soccer players and adidas Soccer today announces that ten stars of the future, playing in countries across the world have been 'BACKED' by Messi to become the first players to be part of Team Messi.
Team Messi is a global fan movement founded by adidas Soccer to celebrate Leo Messi and his standing as the greatest soccer player to ever grace this planet. As part of the 'BACKED BY MESSI' campaign, these ten players will update the world on their progress by filming their own content for a series of episodes on the adidas Football YouTube channel.
The ten players recruited to Team Messi are:
• Robert Kenedy (Chelsea FC, Brazilian)
• Maxwell Cornet (Lyon, French)
• Jeremie Boga (Rennes [on loan from Chelsea FC], French)
• Accursio Bentivegna (Como [on loan from Palermo], Italian)
• James Wilson (Manchester United, English)
• Timo Werner (VFB Stuttgart, German)
• Aleksey Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russian)
• Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy, American)
• Marcos Lopes (AS Monaco FC, Portuguese)
• Khiry Shelton (New York City FC, American)
These players will wear Messi's signature boot, the Messi15, in all competitions this season. To follow Team Messi subscribe to the adidas Football YouTube channel at youtube.com/adidasfootball, go to facebook.com/TeamMessi or follow @TeamMessi on Twitter to join the conversation.
Alan McGarrieGlobal PR and Social Director for FootballGermanyalan.firstname.lastname@example.org+49 9132 84 4686
more from latest news
The court is your canvas – adidas Tennis introduces the Art Pack footwear collection
Porsche Design Sport by adidas unveils its Spring/Summer 2017 campaign and collection with ambassador and world-renowned footballer Xabi Alonso
World Champion Swimmer, Marco Koch, Becomes the Latest Athlete to Join adidas Swim