- adizero adios BOOST claims another Marathon success in the 2016 women’s race
- adidas’ Aberu Kebede first to cross the finish line of the famous course for a third time, following her winning success in 2010 and 2012
Berlin, September 26 2016 – adidas’ Aberu Kebede yesterday claimed victory in the women’s race at the Berlin Marathon, completing the course in 02:20:45. Kebede was wearing the ultra-light, energy-returning adizero adios BOOST 3.0, featuring adidas’ pioneering BOOST technology and drawing on a rich heritage of successes in the Marathon.
The adizero adios debut saw Haile Gebrselassie set the world’s best time in Berlin, 2008; a record subsequently broken by Patrick Makau in the same shoe on the same course in 2011. The shoe was then worn by Wilson Kipsang when he broke the course record for the London Marathon in 2014, before Dennis Kimetto went on to run the fastest marathon in history in Berlin later the same year wearing adizero adios BOOST 3.0.
Combining endless energy with lightweight speed, the adizero adios BOOST 3.0, is the ultimate shoe for road racing.
The BOOST technology provides a higher energy return than any other foam cushioning material in the running industry, and the high performance flexible rubber outsole grips the ground for unrivalled traction and dynamic heel-to-toe transition.
"Aberu Kebede’s win today in adidas BOOST showcases the true potential of pairing the world’s best athletes with industry-leading footwear innovation," said Matthias Amm, Category Director for the running footwear range. "The results of the adizero adios boost in the Marathon speak for themselves, and we will continue to work with our athletes to develop the very best products for runners."
adidas BOOST was also on the feet of Wilson Kipsang, who finished second in the men’s race.
For more from the Berlin Marathon, follow adidas Running on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook or search #WHYIRUNBERLIN.
The adidas adizero adios 3.0 BOOST shoe has an MSRP of £110/ €150 and is available at www.adidas.com/boost
. Following #whyirunberlin on social
Featuring hand crafted design, by legendary adizero pioneer Mr. Omori, the adidas adizero adios BOOST incorporates five key benefits to deliver more speed than ever before:
1. BOOST™ technology – provides a higher Energy Return than any other foam cushioning material in the running industry.
2. Microfit upper – designed for high speed, Microfit locks your heel down for a secure fit enabling a fast run.
3. Continental Rubber™ outsole – a high performance rubber outsole that grips the ground for unrivalled traction and a powerful push-off.
4. Torsion system – delivers optimum transition and stability from heel-to-toe.
5. adiwear material – for ultimate durability.
About adidas Running
For more information on adidas Running, please visit adidas.com/running. For additional images please visit our media news room news.adidas.com and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. adidas is a global designer, developer and marketer of athletic footwear, apparel and accessories with the mission to be the leading sports brand in the world.