EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Newcastle University Dodgeball
2. The Event is open to all current Newcastle University students aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies and anyone to whom they are professionally connected. Proof of age and Newcastle University student registration may be required.
3. To enter the Event entrants must register a team of 4 players with an adidas Brand Ambassador at the adidas Shoebox situated on the lawn outside the Students' Union before 2pm on Tuesday 1 October 2013. All Entrants must be available for the duration of the Event provisionally scheduled to take place between 1pm-3pm on Wednesday 2 October 2013.
4. Entrants may only register and play for one team during the Event.
5. The Promoter will select 12 validly registered teams at random to participate in the Event. The Promoter will notify the selected teams using the contact information provided at registration. In the event that an entrant cannot be contacted or fails to provide confirmation of attendance within 1 hour of notification the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement team at its absolute discretion.
6. At the Promoter's request, all team members must sign an Event disclaimer. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any team where a team member has not signed an Event disclaimer.
7. All selected teams must arrive at the adidas Shoebox on the lawn outside the Students' Union at 12.15pm on Wednesday 2 October 2013. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or replace any team that does not comply with the Promoter's instructions before and during the Event.
8. Teams must stay at the Event venue for the duration of the Event.
9. Teams shall only be permitted to wear adidas or unbranded sportswear apparel, accessories and footwear. Team members shall not be permitted to wear any competitor branded clothing. The Promoter shall decide in its absolute discretion the permitted clothing, accessories and footwear. In the event that any team member is in breach of this condition 6, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and/or replace the member's team.
10. In the event that the Promoter permits entrants to take photographs and/or request autographs from team adidas such photograph and/or autograph session shall take place on a first come first serve basis. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of being unable to take photographs or receive autographs.
11. The Promoter in its absolute discretion (and whilst stocks last) may provide adidas 'goody bags' or other promotional items to entrants and/or spectators. For the avoidance of doubt, no entrant or spectator shall be entitled to receive a goody bag and/or promotional item.
12. The Promoter's decisions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry into the Event.
14. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the entrants (including, without limitation, travel, accommodation, expenses, food and drink).
15. Any entries not meeting the above criteria shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received for any reason.
16. Entrants agree not to sell, offer to sell or use any promotional items and/or gifts received from the Promoter for any commercial or promotional purpose (including, without limitation, placing the promotional items and/or gifts (in whole or in part) on an internet auction site).
17. By entering, you agree you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that the Event (or any part of the Event) does not take place or is postponed, rearranged or curtailed.
19. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which it obtains from its dealings with you, to administer the Event. The Promoter may also use your information to tell you about its products and offers, and for market research including analysis and development of its products and customer relationships.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the Event (including the Event rules) at any time.
21. Entrants participate in the Event at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the Event.
22. By entering into the Event, you acknowledge that any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording) which arise in relation to your involvement with the Event shall vest absolutely with the Promoter and you hereby agree to immediately assign to the Promoter any such rights which become vested in you.
23. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Stockport, SK7 5SA
adidas UK Customer Care --United Kingdomcustomercareuk@adidas.com00800 37 87 47 37