Brand new SOLARBOOST features rocket science you can wear.
Featuring BOOST and revolutionary Tailored Fibre Placement technology, the SOLARBOOST delivers lightweight support, superior cushioning and precise comfort.
Inspired by NASA engineering, SOLARBOOST is built for pure function and performance.
South Africa, 01 June 2018 – adidas Running launches a brand-new technical performance silhouette for those who demand the best in performance, comfort and energy return when they run.
Inspired by NASA engineering and designed for pure function, the SOLARBOOST is a high-performance, lightweight running shoe created using adidas’ best innovations. Featuring pioneering data-driven Tailored Fibre Placement technology which lays down fibres featuring Parley material content, every single millimetre of the shoe is precisely stitched and constructed. The result – superior comfort, fit and support in a lightweight form so runners can move confidently at any speed or distance.
Drawing parallels with the construction of a space-shuttle, in which every part has a unique purpose, every element in the SOLARBOOST has been maximised for a specific performance-driven function.
Weighing just 295g, the new silhouette is 15g lighter than the previous Energy Boost silhouette, reflecting a significant reduction in weight while delivering superior energy return through BOOST technology.
Tested by the adidas Runners community in key cities across the world, within a wide range of temperatures and conditions, the lightweight yet durable model features ground-breaking innovations, including:
- New Tailored Fibre Placement: cutting-edge technology uses Aramis data to precisely lay down fibres which feature Parley material content in the mid-foot to support the runner.
- Updated Energy rail: a brand new, lightweight symmetrical construction that works with BOOST to increase stability.
- Refined fit counter: supportive lightweight heel construction, designed to enable the free motion of the Achilles tendon as well as a wider, more accommodating fit.
- BOOST sole: a highly responsive 85% BOOST midsole provides superior, lightweight cushioning to energise runners from the ground up.
- Optimised Stretchweb: rubber outsole with superior grip that adapts to every runner’s foot strike by moving in harmony with boost to provide a smoother and more flexible ride.
is currently available on adidas eCom
, adidas performance concept stores and Totalsports from R2299. Follow the @adidasZA conversation on Instagram using #SOLARBOOST.