adidas reimagines sport with the launch of its all-new women’s collection
- New campaign celebrates movement of all kinds, inviting all women to see themselves as an athlete
- Introduces all-new versatile collection that brings together performance and streetwear
- Reimagine Sport campaign features adidas Women’s athletes including Mikaela Shiffrin, Mae Yoshikawa, Jessamyn Stanley, Denise Schindler, Chinae Alexander, Nadya Okamoto and Jada Sezer
adidas kicks off 2020 by inviting the world to reimagine sport, challenging old stereotypes and celebrating movement of all kinds. Inspired by the belief that sport has evolved, the brand's new Spring/Summer 20 collection asks its community of women to define what sport means to them.
The versatile collection features both performance and streetwear, with each piece created to inspire the athlete in all women, however they choose to play. It introduces style-focused activewear alongside iconic lifestyle looks; from high-performance tights to statement tracksuits.
Leading the way in celebration of sport in all its forms are body positive yoga expert, wellness entrepreneur and author, Jessamyn Stanley; world champion skier, Mikaela Shiffrin; yoga and meditation teacher, mother and author, Mae Yoshikawa; world champion, Paralympic medalist and motivational speaker, Denise Schindler; entrepreneur, writer, self-love advocate and versatile athlete, Chinae Alexander; social entrepreneur, activist, author, student and dancer, Nadya Okamoto; and psychologist, body positive activist and marathon runner, Jada Sezer. In the adidas Reimagine Sport campaign ,each woman explores her own definition of sport and the role it plays in her life.
Jessamyn says: "Sport to me is anything that gets your body moving, all humans are like that. We just need to move our bodies."
"All of us can get into a space of trying to put ourselves into moulds for other people, for society. More than anything I would just like to be authentic, because that will inspire other people to do the same thing."
Aimee Arana, General Manager of Global Training at adidas, says: "Women today are redefining what sport means to them, from dance, skiing, aerial yoga to skateboarding, women are doing it all. Movement is sport and it is about getting out and enjoying what sport can do for your body and mind. This collection was made for them. We are inviting women to get out there and play their way."
As the latest step in adidas' commitment to creating products to enable all women, the collection features a number of pieces available in inclusive sizing, including the brand's next generation bra and tight silhouettes:
- The new Ultimate Bra, designed to deliver high support for all types of sport; available in A-G cups in Europe and up to a H in the US, with underband sizes US/UK 30-48 [replace with local sizing where required].
- The Believe This 2.0 Tight, designed to provide support and shaping with a new waistband design that offers a more secure fit; available in sizes 2XS to 4X.
The first drop of the SS20 collection is available now globally at adidas stores and at adidas.com/reimagine_sport with additional pieces launching throughout the season. From €25.
adidas is a global leader in the sporting goods industry, offering a broad portfolio of footwear, apparel and hardware for sport and lifestyle around the core brands adidas and Reebok. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach/Germany, the company employs 57,000 people across the globe and generated sales of around €22 billion in 2018.