Terms and Conditions for the #hitthewinner promotion
1. The Terms apply to the #hitthewinner (Promotion) by adidas (UK) Limited (Promoter), located at Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, Cheshire, SK7 5SA.
2. These Terms are available at the following website: http://a.did.as/15jEF3X . Please print and retain a copy of these Terms for your records.
3. The Promotion is open to all individuals who have reached the age of 16, with the exception of the persons mentioned in condition 4 hereof. Individuals of younger than 18 years old can only participate after consent of their parent(s), guardian or legal representative. Promoter may request written proof of such consent. Individuals of 15 years or younger are under all circumstances excluded from participation.
4. Participation is excluded for (a) employees of Promoter or its agents and their first and second degree family members, as well as (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion and their family members.
5. The Promotion will open on 25/06/12 at 12.00pm GMT and close after Andy Murray's final match of Wimbledon 2013 (Promotional Period). All entries received after lapse of the Promotional Period are excluded from participation and will not be taken into consideration.
6. Individual competitions will be run for each Set within Andy Murray's Wimbledon Matches. The first competition will commence 2 hours before the match is due to begin and close as soon as the first Set starts. The next competition will open as soon as the first Set starts, and close at the end of the first set. This pattern will continue until the Match concludes. All entries received outside of these times, or after lapse of the Promotional Period are excluded from participation and will not be taken into consideration.
7. Participating in the Promotion takes place by:
a. Following @adidasUK; and
b. Tweeting the hashtag '#hitthewinner[insert target square number here]' from your Twitter account 2 hours before and during one of Andy Murray's Wimbledon 2013 matches; and
c. accepting and adhering to these Terms unconditionally; and
8. No other means for entries will be accepted than set out in condition 7. Incomplete entries, or entries which deviate from the # format set out in condition 7 are not valid and will not be accepted.
9. One entry will be accepted per person, per Set. If more than one entry is received, only the first entry will be accepted.
10. The Promotion is a promotion without a purchase obligation.
General rules of behaviour
11. Participants may not use the Promotion for the expression of political or religious ideas.
12. Promoter has the right to refuse any entry which contains material which is offensive, insulting, injurious, obscene, offending, vindictive, indecent, perverted, immoral, aggressive, sexually oriented, racist, derisive, slanderous, discriminatory, or in any other way not in line with good taste and decency, or which Promoter deems in its sole discretion to be otherwise unacceptable.
13. Entrees may not conflict with applicable law or regulations, the rights of third parties, nor may they incite, advocate or express pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, hatred, bigotry, racism or gratuitous violence.
14. Entrees may not in any way harm Promoter, its affiliates, its agents and/or the brand of adidas (or any other brand of Promoter).
15. Participants may not upload, post, email or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any software or devices on the Website.
16. Participants cannot derive any rights from their participation and have no right to any payment or other compensation for their entry or their participation.
17. Promoter retains the right to exclude participants from participating in the Promotion and to delete entrees from the Website, if these are not in line with these rules of behaviour or are otherwise in conflict with the Terms.
Intellectual property rights
18. By entering into this Promotion, participant agrees that the following intellectual property rights in and to materials included in any entry (even if not selected as the winning entry) shall belong exclusively to Promoter to the extent permitted by law:
a. the right to publish, copy and making the material accessible to public
b. the right to modify the material in order to publish, copy or making it accessible to the public.Participant agrees to assign, or to procure the assignment, to Promoter of all such right, title and interest in and to such intellectual property rights. Participant further agrees to execute, or procure the execution of, such documents and do, and procure the doing of, all such acts or things as are required for the purpose of giving effect to this assignment.
19. Without the generality of condition 18, participant acknowledges and agrees that Promoter (or any other company designated by Promoter) may use, reproduce, adapt, translate, digitise, publish, revise, disclose, modify, transfer or otherwise exploit entries (but is under no obligations to do so) at any time on and in relation to any adidas product or otherwise.
20. Participants are not entitled to any compensation in return for the assignment of rights pursuant to condition 18 or for any use of an entry pursuant to condition 19.
21. By participating in the Promotion, participant agrees to Promoter using free of charge participant's name, photograph, image, video, voice recording and general location for publicity and news purposes relating to the Promotion and for a duration which is necessary for the organization and publicity of the Promotion. For purposes of this condition, participant agrees that this assignment concerns any support or media whether existing or created in the future, and shall include as a non-limited list of examples: promotional documentation, newspapers, television, magazines, and books (both paper and electronic); Internet (including other websites, web casts, multimedia links and social networks) etc.
22. By entering into this Promotion, participant warrants and represents that all works comprised in participant's entry are his/her own original work and do not copy, nor incorporate the work of any third party and that use of the entry by Promoter or its affiliates will not infringe third party intellectual property rights. By entering into this Promotion, participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Promoter, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and customers from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) by a third party relating to the use of the entry by Promoter or its affiliates or licensees or arising out of participant's breach of these Terms.
23. By participating in the Promotion participant shall provide all additional information relating to the entry, if so requested by Promoter.
24. It is prohibited to reproduce or publish anything relating to the Promotion without the prior explicit written consent of Promoter.
25. Promoter is authorised to remove from, shorten or amend entrees in text or image on the Website.
26. Prizes will be allocated only when Andy Murray hits a Winning Shot into his opponent's half of the court. A Winning Shot is defined here as a shot from Andy Murray that is not reached by his opponent and thereby wins him the point. It does not include Aces, defined here as a serve where the tennis ball is served in and not touched by the receiver, or shots that are touched or returned by the opponent in any way.
27. Andy Murray's opponent's half will be divided into 9 equal squares which entrants will be able to select as targets for Andy Murray's Winning Shots to hit. Each time a square is hit, everyone who has selected that square will be eligible for prizes and entered into a prize draw specific to that winning shot, provided they abide by the terms set out in condition 7. This means that there are multiple opportunities to win per Set.
28. The square the ball is deemed to have hit will be judged by a panel of adidas employees. The Promoter's decision is final in this respect and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Only entrants who correctly predict where Andy Murray's Winning Shots will land in his opponent's half of the court will be eligible for the prize draws. If one of Andy's Winning Shots lands in square 1, all entrants who follow the rules set out in condition 7, and Tweet using the hashtag #hitthewinner1 will be eligible.
30. A number of different prizes will be available and allocated to the prize winners at the Promoter's absolute discretion. The final Winner of the Set will trigger the allocation of a signed piece of Andy Murray merchandise. All other Winning shots of the Set will trigger the allocation of one Andy Murray t-shirt.
31. The winner(s) will be selected in a random draw to take place by a computer process run throughout each of Andy Murray's matches. The Promoter will notify and instruct each winner how to claim the Prize by Direct Message on Twitter within 24 hours of the draw.
32. The winner can claim a Prize up until 7 days after the notification as set out in condition 31 after which date the right to a Prize can no longer be exercised. The prize will be dispatched to the winner within 14 days after claiming the Prize. Prizes will only be awarded once promoter has been provided with valid ID.
33. If the winner is under 18 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by an adult and must use the extra ticket for this purpose. The winner will also be required to provide proof of parental consent.
34. It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure that they are able to accept the Prize and make use of the Prize.
35. The winner agrees and accepts - once the winner has redeemed the Prize - that all taxes or charges related to the Prize will be for his/her account.
36. No cash alternative to the Prize is available.
37. A Prize cannot be exchanged for another prize. A Prize is personal and non-transferable. The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
38. A Prize is indivisible and can only be accepted as granted.
39. Promoter reserves the right to modify or withdraw a Prize. The alternative prize will be of at least an equivalent or greater value.
40. Prizes that are not redeemed for whatever reason remain the property of Promoter. In case of a rejection of a Prize, the Prize also falls to Promoter.
41. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to confirm acceptance of the Prize within 7 days of notification or cannot make use of the Prize for any reason, Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and the original winner will forfeit the Prize.
42. The winner will be responsible for all travel and other expenses (including, without limitation, accommodation, and food/drink) above and beyond the stipulations of the main prize in condition 30. These additional expenses will not be reimbursed by Promoter.
Limitation of liability
43. Promoter is not responsible or liable for costs or expenses of participants in connection with or relating to participating in the Promotion. The costs of the use of internet are for the account of the participants.
44. Promoter is not responsible and excludes any liability for (i) network- (cable, internet or other relevant networks), computer hardware or software disruptions of whatever nature which might lead to a limited, delayed or lost entry, (ii) other problems or calamities, of whatever nature, that are connected with the functioning of the network (cable, internet or other network), the Website, computer hardware or software, and (iii) mistakes in the entering or processing of personal data, except in case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Promoter.
45. Promoter is not responsible or liable for any incompatibility between technologies used, in the broadest sense, during the Promotion and the hardware and software configuration used by the participants.
46. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, neither Promoter nor any agencies involved in the Promotion are responsible or liable for any loss, damages or injury caused by participation in the Promotion.
47. Where a Prize is delivered to the winner by post, Promoter is not liable for the acts or omissions of any courier or mail delivery.
48. If a Promotion, for whatever reason, progresses differently than foreseen, for instance, in the event that Andy Murray is forced to withdraw from Wimbledon 2013 for any reason or the Promotion appears to be in conflict with applicable law, Promoter reserves the right to annul, terminate, amend or postpone the Promotion without any liability of Promoter and without a right of compensation for the participants.
49. By participating in the Promotion participants' personal data are processed by Promoter, the controller of the personal data, and also by Promoters' agency involved in administering the Promotion.
Exclusion of participants
51. At all times Promoter reserves the right to exclude participants with invalid or false entries or invalid or false personal information from participation.
52. Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Promoter to be in violation of these Terms; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Promoter to be disruptive.
53. Promoter is authorized at all times on reasonable grounds to exclude or disqualify participants without a right of recourse against Promoter.
54. Promoter reserves the right to exclude participants in case of (suspicion of) foul play, fraud, or any (other) breach of the Terms without a right of recourse against Promoter. Organised or collective participation of the Promotion shall be regarded as a breach of the Terms.
55. This Promotion is void where the Promotion is prohibited. It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure their legal eligibility to participate.
56. No rights can be derived from the Promotion or its result other than set out in these Terms.Applicable law / disputes
57. The decision of Promoter is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into relating to the result of the Promotion.
58. If any condition of these Terms is found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
59. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
60. Promoter reserves the right at all times to amend the Terms without any liability to the participants or any third party. A revised version of the Terms will be published on the Website.
adidas UK Customer Care --United Kingdomcustomercareuk@adidas.com00800 37 87 47 37