Kansas Athletics Renews Partnership with adidas
Since the fall of 2005 adidas has provided footwear, uniforms, apparel and accessories to each of the Jayhawks' 18 intercollegiate athletics teams. Kansas has achieved unprecedented success while wearing the 3-Stripes:
• The men's basketball team won the 2008 NCAA Championship and reached the championship game in 2012.
• The women's basketball team reached the Sweet 16 two consecutive years, making Kansas the only university in the country whose men's and women's teams reached the NCAA Sweet 16 in both 2012 and 2013;
• The football team won a BCS Bowl – the 2008 Orange Bowl;
• The women's track and field team has won two Big 12 Conference Championships, several NCAA individual championships and an Olympic Gold medal in 2012.
• The volleyball, soccer and softball teams have also reached the NCAA Tournament.
adidas holds strong partnerships across collegiate athletics, developing high-performance footwear, apparel and accessories for more than 70 collegiate programs including Notre Dame, Michigan, UCLA, Tennessee, Indiana, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Louisville. In addition, adidas is the official uniform and apparel provider for the National Basketball Association and Major League Soccer and equips some of the best athletes in the world including Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Damian Lillard, Lionel Messi, Robert Griffin III, Von Miller, Candace Parker and Heather O'Reilly.
"We have been extremely pleased with our partnership with adidas," KU Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger said. "adidas promised quality and dedication to service – to all our teams – and they have delivered what they promised. The fact that adidas eagerly sought to extend our partnership clearly demonstrates to us their continued understanding of the tremendous value of the entire Kansas Athletics program."
"We are proud of our relationship with KU's outstanding athletics program," said adidas Vice President of Sport Performance David Baxter. "We are excited to have KU athletes, coaches and fans wear adidas and look forward to continuing our successful partnership."
KU fans will continue to be able to purchase adidas' wide range of products, including sideline gear, coaches' polo shirts, hats, jackets and outerwear, both in stores and online at kustore.com.
Michael EhrlichDirector of Public RelationsUnited Statesmichael.firstname.lastname@example.org 234 2214